So how was the MB of Perak decided today? If you follow the reports these are the key points on how the position was `decided’:
*The Speaker was dragged away by security force!
* The Security force came in plain cloth -so who are they exactly?
* the Deputy Speaker Hee Yit Foong claimed she took over the Speaker’s post-because her microphone was on but the real Speaker’ was turned off-presumably by some civil servants who took order from the BN MB!
* The motions to sack the Speaker, to appoint new Privilege Committee, the Rules and Regulation Committee, the Public Acounts Committee was passed by the `new’ Speaker, who was supported by those the Speaker Sivakumar did not allowed to attend the State Assembly. So which one was the State Assembly of Perak?
* The Federal Court is still hearing the court case on who is the legitimate MB of Perak-why can’t the power grabbers wait? Look like they just want to create a fait accompli so even the Highest Court is pressured to accept their `will’. But is this the will of the people?
* Where do the people `fit in’ here? The BN MB Zambry reportedly said the people need not be consulted on this. The Sultan decide for them who to become the MB. The people cannot even hang around the State Assembly when the power grab is `performed’ according to a script of `might is right’.
*But in a few more years when the `contract’ of these power grabbers are up they will have a tough time convinsing the voters that their forcible power grab is their choice of method to choose a MB!
* The `1 Malaysia, People first, Performance now’ slogan of the new PM is given a bad reflection on how it operates and translates by the Perak power grab! The over 64 arrests of MPs, State Assemblypersons, media, NGOs etc are a clear show that the `1 Malaysia’ is indeed `1 black Malaysia’, and the `people first’ was the `Selected people first’, and the `performance now’ is simply `Police performance now’! The `strong man’ image of the new PM is given enough rendition. It is up to the people to make their choice now.