With the by-election confirmed the election observation mission is also confirmed-so don’t wait to register with Mafrel to be the observers for this interesting by-election! This possibly BN-free by-election may show case the election of the future when the unfair election practices are done away with! Reasons for becoming an observer:
* undertstand how an election is organised-see the current weaknesses;
* take action to help correct the situation-documenting the weaknesses is a 1st step; Get to know what are the current weaknesses;
* Understand the roles and gauge the performance of various stakes holders: election administrators9SPR, PDRM, MACC, Local Authorities, Ministry of Information etc), political parties, voters, media etc; What would and should you do if you are in their position?
*Know your rights as a voter-also how they have been trampled upon! Learn how to reclaim your right as a voter!
*Meet others who share this interests to make this country great as a democratic nation! Together much can be achieved!
What can you get?
* full training as an election observer by Mafrel’s professional trainers;
* About 40-50 observers will get accreditation from SPR to entitle you to enter the polling center to perform your duty as an observer; others will perform their duty from outside and as mobile observers;
* accommodation at Mafrel’s Operation Center if you volunteer on a long term basis (eg 1 week+) at the election observation mission;
*training in reporting/documenting your eye-witness accounts of election irregularities;how to use information/evidence gathering as a power tool to affect change;
*learn to be confident to address big system issues from where you are! Feel the sense of solidarity to work with other citizens who want a more democratic future for Malaysia!
Contact: 013-5900339(Ong BK)