This is a report from Kuching observers:
We will be leaving for Batang Ai on the 27th of March. Richard Thomas will be staying to coordinate from Kuching.
Below are what we have achieved to date
1. MAFREL tags
2. Design of MAFREL t-shirt for fund raising
3. Conformation of electoral roll
4. Fundraising is slow and uneffective, need different mode of income.
5. Operation room banner is done.
6. Operations room is up and running. Operation room is in a lodging house at rm35 a night, complete with wi-fi.
7. Premise for MAFREL observers at Batang Ai has been settled by Michael Lias (who contributed Rm600)
8. Committee is set and good to go.
9. Number of cameras and video-cams to be brought (most members have their own)
10. Five of the committee members contributed their vehicles for transportation. 3 four-wheel drive and 1 waja. Not including petrol. Edi’s car is the official car.
11. No long boat has been sourced.
124.Request for Schedule and Program for campaign talks have been prepared.
Regarding the Electoral Roll.
Total number of Voters = 8006
Voters trace-able with complete address = 289
Untrace-able with uncomplete address = 7717
26 voters over the age of 90
The oldest is a female born in 1898 from Kampung Kutai, Kutai Polling District
Observers election files and kits are ready.
Campaign activities picks up:
A gathering organised by JASA held at the Sri Aman Civic Centre (22/03/09 at 730pm) was cancelled last minute and moved to Lubok Antu.
Among the attendees were Dato Seri James Masing and YB Mong Dagang, besides other goverment officials.
Donations drive update:
Sarawak : Michael Lias RM600.00 Target: RM2k (30% achieved)
Penisular : Various donors: Rm4300.00 Target : RM9k (48% achieved)
More donations are welcome from all who want to support local observers keeping eyes on the election operation!
If you are interested to donate call:
Peter ( for Sarawak) 013-8950929 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ong BK( for W. Malaysia) 013-5900339 or email@example.com