2 days after the Perak Sultan asked the Perak MB to step down on account of an alleged `lost of confidence’ by the Perak Assemblypersons, the people of Perak have started numerous protests and boycott actions around the state, chiefly in Ipoh:
* There will be a rival candle lights vigil organised outside a Chinese New Year function by Gerakan party which will be attended by BN leaders, possibly including Najib.
UPDATE: Najib and possibly Zambry would not attend the function at SRJK Yuk CHoy, which is only 1 street away from the MP official residence where Nizar is staying put with hundreds of supporters. Nizar’s support is said to be growing.
* There will be a forum in Ipoh next Friday on the Perak crisis;
* massive postings in internet against the Perak Sultan and BN’s takeover of Perak state government;
* Legal opinions largely turned against the power of the Sultan to sack the Perak’s MB;
For the sacking: Shaq Faruqi; UPDATE: Ambiga(Bar Council)
Against: Aziz Bari, Karpal Singh;UPDATE: Dominic Puthuchiary
* Political opinions also largely turned against the sacking of the Perak MB: Tengku Razaleigh has become the most quoted opinion leader thus far.
UPDATE: Zaid Ibrahim has reportedly lent his voice of support.
From observers in Perak there will be more protests/boycott actions to come -though the actions seems self-intiated by dissappointed people and not party-initiated.
UPDATE: An SMS campaign info received by Mafrel said in Chinese that people should pick their nose and turn around if they meet up with BN VIPs eg Najib, ZAmbry and Mah Han Soon(MCA’s sole Assemblyperson in Perak).